On this episode, after finally obtaining the two necessary copies of this film, the story of Toho’s very 1st banned film can finally come to the site. Tonight we take a look at the obscure, banned, and illegal in Japan Kaiju flick, Half Human. We will explore it’s history and what would bring a seemingly normally looking Toho film to be locked away into the vault for decades, only to be rediscovered by a new generations of cinephiles.
- This was recording whilst not at decent health so please excuse the smoking 7 cartons a day voice and cough.
- Whilst it was a group representing one of the native tribes of Japan, it’s not clear as to which group launched the complaint that sunk Half Human from further release in it’s original form.
- A review is planned for Half Human in the future. This episode is meant simply to focus on the History of the film and it setting the stage for future censorship on Toho’s part.
- Here is the archive.org links for the Japanese Version and American Version
- Here is the DCA pressbook (provided by Zombie Closet) of Half Human and Monster from Green Hell.